If you tell someone not to contact you, don't act surprised when they don't contact you.
Re: The negative feedback I left for Angie. I felt no joy doing so but it was warranted and hard earned. In my over 20 years on eBay I have rarely ever felt the need to resort to the dreaded red negative feedback. But this... there was no coming back from this. Angie's side of this situation just snowballed out of control at a faster-than-light pace. The sheer amount of lies that came out of her mouth and the pace with which she shot them was frankly over-whelming for me to keep up with.
eBay's Feedback System has a character limit and - obviously - this situation is far too complicated to explain in 80 characters. As a rule of thumb, I've found this character limit often drives people to be as caustic and mean-spirited as they can within those perimeters. That's not me. I'm not that kind of person. I decided to do the mature thing and make a general allusion to a mysterious "problem" with the transaction. There's nothing specific. No name-calling. Nothing below the belt. You know, the exact opposite to Angie. There's absolutely no way in hell she could not have seen this coming.

Although blacked out in the image above (because I was logged into my
account), user names aren't actually visible to people outside the
transaction. It appears Angie was under the impression everyone could
see my user name and then - based on her word alone - everyone would ostracize me from buying anything from them ever again. Wow. Just wow.
Then there she goes with the lies again... I'll own that my initial message was rude and I feel awful about the way I came across. If I could re-word it in a kinder and more empathic way, I would do so in a heartbeat. It was not my finest hour and full disclosure, if you've followed me on social media for the past 20-25 years, you'd know it's extremely rare for me to ever write a rude message. "Demanding"? Well... I asked ONCE for what I paid for. Wouldn't you want what you paid for? "Abusive" though? This is where Angie reverts to her tired 'damsel in distress' trope. It must have served her well in life because it's her fall-back knee-jerk reaction to the suggestion of having any kind of responsibility for the consequences of her actions.
Once again, for the people in the back, there was no abuse. I specifically asked eBay to investigate me because I was so upset at the idea that I had been abusive to another person. eBay found no form of abuse whatsoever. With her it's lie after lie after lie. It's an exhausting roller-coaster through Hell.
No comments:
Post a Comment